50 Shades of Grey

On 12 July, 2012, in Good Reads, by Administrator

Looking for something good to read? We’ve got you covered!

Getting into a good book can be no only relaxing and enjoyable, but when it comes to wanting to pass up the time and keep yourself busy, books can be one sure way to go about that. We would like to give you come good book recommendations, to start you out by getting into some great reads.

By now we are sure you have heard of “50 Shades of Grey”. We know we know, its probably on the list of things you are sick of hearing about in the media. However, this is a really great trilogy. Its not your typical romance story, but its a great page turner. I was not able to put this book down, when i first started reading it i will admit i was a little skeptic, but after the first few chapters i was hooked. E.L James might have wrong this as a fan fiction to Twilight,but she went above and beyond that.

Plot of the book;

Anastasia Steele (Ana) is a young college student who is drafted by her best friend Katherine Kavanagh to interview the successful young entrepreneur Christian Grey for their student newspaper. Ana finds him attractive, confident, commanding, and intimidating. She leaves the interview convinced it went badly; she tries to forget about Grey until he turns up at the hardware store where she works part-time. After Grey leaves the hardware store, Ana realizes that she likes him. Grey tries to warn her that he is not a “heart and flowers” kind of guy, but this makes Ana want him more and want to uncover his secret. Grey also admits he wants her for her beauty, wit, and independent spirit, but on his own terms. Ana is shocked to learn Grey’s singular erotic taste. Grey proposes a BDSM relationship, which Ana knows nothing about. When the couple embarks on a passionate, physical and daring affair, Ana learns more about her own dark desires, as well as the Christian Grey secrets.

If you are a lover of romance and erotic novels then you will not be disappointed by this book. Its nice to see a different spin on a love story, not just your same old “i know whats going to happen next before it even happens” story line. We all know those books, same thing for movies but that is for another time and place.

Have you read “50 Shades of Grey” ? If so what are you thoughts and opinions? Feel free to leave your comments below for fellow readers interested in reading “50 Shades of Grey”.

5 Responses to “50 Shades of Grey”

1. Evelyn says:

I ordered the book and Monday and I just received it yesterday!
    It was so exciting to start reading after all the commotion this book is causing and I thought it probably won’t be as good as everyone says, but boy was I wrong!
    This book is so intriguing you cannot put it down, I read the first nine chapters in one sitting, I should probably order the second book so that I can receive it by the time I finish the first one!
    I honestly recommend this book, it’s much more different than any romance book I have read!

2. Evelyn,

I am so happy that someone replied to this. I was really surprised at how much i got into it. I think i have honestly only come across one person who didn’t care for the book, but then again she really doesn’t do romance that much lol Thanks for sharing! Let me know how you like the rest of the books!

3. I bought all 3 books right away. I’m 1/2 way through the first and I love it. Yes, it’s basically Edward and Bella the way we all wanted to read about them

4. I also loved Christian! I have a friend who really reminds me of him, actually.

5. I loved the books, I couldn’t put them down everytime my husband saw me I was reading them.